Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Yummy Recipe

Since I'm not able to eat carbs currently, I've found a recipe that I'd like to request. I am now requesting that Sam and Matt please bring these when they come to visit us in the hospital. :)

Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Yield~ 3 doz cookies
cookies:
1 c sugar
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 tbsp Maple syrup
2 eggs
1 c canned pumpkin
1 and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground all spice
1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
Pinch ground cloves
1 and 1/2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt

frosting:
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese --- yummy!!!
1 c confectioners sugar
1/4 c milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
Zest of one lemon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

For cookies: In a mixer, cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the maple syrup and eggs. Mix and add the pumpkin. Mix to incorporate. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves. Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix well. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown around the edges. Cool on racks. When cool, ice with cream cheese frosting.

For icing: In a mixer, add the cream cheese. Beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the powdered sugar until smooth. Add milk and vanilla. Beat until smooth. If frosting is too thick, thin with a little more milk. Fold in the lemon zest. When cookies are cool, spread frosting on cookie.

Add a pecan for garnish, if you'd like.

OKAY, so doesn't that sound delicious?! What a perfect fall recipe!

The doctor keeps complimenting me and telling me I look great. Friends and family keep talking about my weight gain. Sadly, I'll probably gain the 25 + pounds after Karaline is born because I'm going to go on a carb binge! Watch out breads, pasta, fruit, pizza, cookies, candy, Coke, etc...You don't stand a chance :) Anyone who comes to visit us in the hospital, feel free to bring any of these items with you!

3 comments:

  1. hahah! I think Matt's on it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These do sound really good. I'm going to have to try the recipe. I love pumpkin anything. I cooked/pureed/froze three pumpkins this week so that we can enjoy pumpkin recipes all year around. We've had pumpkin pancakes almost every morning this week!

    ReplyDelete