Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Weekly Appointment

Today was our weekly appointment. It was a big one because we were able to get our sonogram! I couldn't sleep last night because I was so excited :) The only sad part was that Joey couldn't take off of work so he had to miss it. He was very bummed, but thankfully Sam was able to go with me.

Karaline was very active during the sonogram so it was difficult for the tech to measure her at first. However, we did find out that she's measuring at 7 lbs. 3 oz (give or take a pound). My doctor thinks that she's closer to the 6 lb range because of my size. Her head is in the 70 percentile and her belly is in the 98 percentile! I LOVE chunky babies so that is just fine by me!

Because she was so busy, I was worried that we wouldn't have too many great still shots, however, we got lucky! The tech took two 3D pictures which turned out really great. Again, it showed that she definitely has my nose. She also got a cute foot shot and Joey says that she has my feet for sure, too! :)

When I dropped Sam off at school, I showed the pictures to some of the girls I work with. One immediately said that she looks like her daddy and the other said it's a good mixture between the two of us. I knew Joey would love to hear that so I called him right away. His response was priceless: "What, she has your nose, profile, and feet, and she has my belly?" HA! I didn't say it, but it could be true :)

We're still on the week by week appointment so we'll go back next Monday. I cannot believe how close we are to seeing our baby girl. It's crazy how quickly time has passed.

On another note, I found this verse yesterday while waiting in the deli line (in my riding cart- can't wait for that part to be over!) at Publix. It's in a prayer book for little girls, and I think it pretty much sums up my prayer for Karaline:

"I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding. For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ’s return. May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation—the righteous character produced in your life by Jesus Christ—for this will bring much glory and praise to God." Phil 1: 9-11 (New Living Translation)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for asking me to go with you today! I loved seeing Karaline on the screen! She's so cute already!!! I feel so lucky to have a friend like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for going!!! Gosh, I wasn't expecting such a sweet, blue comment from you...I got a little teary :)

    ReplyDelete