Our Family

Our Family

Monday, November 15, 2010

She's Arrived

Karaline Adele Oglialoro arrived on Tuesday, November 9 at 12:06 am. We couldn't be happier!!! I'll walk you through the sequence of events:

Sunday 2:00 am-9:30 am-- I began having regular contractions that were 10 minutes apart. I had weaker contractions that were in between the strong ones, so Joey called the on call doctor who said we may be coming in that day. I called my parents around 5:30 or 6:00 and they headed our way. Thankfully they were planning on making the trip anyhow because once they got here my contractions stopped. My mom and I did some shopping, she cooked a big lunch, and then they headed home.

Sunday 11:45 pm- I woke up with strong contractions. I began counting again but still tried to sleep.

Monday 3:00 am- Contractions continued to get closer together. I woke Joey up around 4:00, but we both decided that he should sleep while he could. I kept keeping track of the contractions that were getting closer and closer together.

Monday 6:00 am- I called the on call doctor. I was hoping he would tell me to wait and go into my doctor's office when they opened, however, he told me to come in. Panic began to set in. I woke up Joey, called my mom, and we frantically began to gather our things. It's amazing how many things we still had to get even though I've been packed for weeks! I told my mom to wait on coming because of the incident the day before. I was sure it was a false alarm.

Monday 7:00 am- We arrived at the hospital and went to triage. They said we were 4-5 cm dialated. Joey called my parents and they headed down. I was admitted and moved to the labor/delivery unit.

After this, I met my doctor (who is not my ob) and my nurse for the day. I really liked them both. Everything was moving along nicely and I got my epidural around 11:30. After my epidural, the doctor broke my water. Unfortunately, things began to slow down once I got the epidural. I stayed at 8 cm for 3 or 4 hours.

Our family made it down in the early afternoon. It was nice to have visitors to help pass the time for both me and Joey.

Time continued to pass, and my doctor and nurse's shift were over. I was beside myself! However, I did grow to really love my new doctor and nurse. I am very thankful for the doctor who did the delivery because we could have easily had a C-section with the amount of time it took. However, he held out and we were able to begin pushing at around 11:15. Karaline made her debut at 12:06.

The nurses allowed everyone to come back and it was quite a group! Everyone was very excited to meet our new addition.

Joey and I were moved to the mother/baby unit around 1:30 or 2:00 am. By this point, I was exhausted. Sleepiness aside, we had a great first night.

We were able to leave the hospital on Thursday to come home. My mom, sister, and nephew came down for the day. We had a few more last minute things to pick up so my mom was able to help with that. She ended up staying the night and leaving early on Friday morning.

We are so in love. I keep looking at her and thinking that I can't believe she's really here.

We've had lots of visitors, calls, emails, and cards. Thank you all for your continued prayers throughout the pregnancy, and thank you for the continued prayers as we embark on this new journey in our lives. We pray to be the best parents for our sweet Karaline.

Ready to go home

Waiting on Daddy to pick us up.

1 comment:

  1. She is so beautiful! I know you are loving her up every second. I also know you are not supposed to hold her all the time but do it anyway!! She will only be a baby for a blink. Enjoy every moment. You are the Mom...you can do what you want! lol. Congrats!!!!