Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, April 2, 2011

AHHHHH, April

Yay! I am so excited to see April arrive. Not only do I love springtime, but it also means that I'm one more month closer to summer break!!! We've had some beautiful weather the last two days but Thursday was a very rough day here. We had several tornadoes in the area that did quite a bit of damage. One of our neighbors' roof was damaged by a tree. Our road was blocked by a large fallen tree, but someone cut it so we have a one lane road. On my way to Karaline's sitter and work I saw lots of other houses with trees down, too.

We actually had to go into "duck and cover" mode at school. This was quite an event seeing as though we just learned about various kinds of weather last week and the kids were fascinated with the tornado. I guess we were having a true "teachable moment!" Overall they handled it well. Of course most were frightened, but they relaxed after a little bit. I read them a story and then brought the CD player out and played our favorite CD. We were out there for at least 30 minutes. I was worried about Karaline and couldn't get through to her sitter, Lynda. I was able to get through to Sam's Gram who called Lynda and all was well. She did have some damage to her yard and fence, but they were fine!

As my good friend, Meg, said, "March went out like a lion!"

No comments:

Post a Comment